Auto Insurance in Zebulon, GA
The best defense of your finances on the road is auto insurance. This coverage can protect you financially if you have an accident with another driver or your vehicle is damaged because of something such as vandalism. Regardless of the type of incident, auto insurance is essential protection to have.
Georgia drivers are required to have liability coverage for their vehicles. Since 1972, Strawn & Co., Insurance has been insuring Georgia drivers, and we can help you with a policy that satisfies the state’s requirements and meets your safety needs.
How Does Auto Insurance Work?
Auto insurance is a contractual agreement between you and your insurer. You agree to pay a regular premium in exchange for the insurer’s financial assistance if you experience a covered loss under your policy. If your vehicle sustains damage, repairs may be costly, and you may want to file a claim to have your insurer help pay for these costs.
What Auto Coverage Should I Have?
Since you drive in Georgia, you want to ensure you have liability insurance to meet the state’s requirements. However, these are other common types of auto coverage many drivers have.
· Liability insurance may help pay for the losses of the other driver and anyone else injured or harmed if you are at fault. The two main components of liability insurance are:
· Bodily injury liability coverage may pay for third-party medical bills and sometimes for death benefits.
· Property damage liability coverage may pay for damage to the other person’s property.
· Collision insurance may cover damage to your vehicle sustained in an accident or collision with an object.
· Comprehensive insurance may pay for non-accident damage, such as weather damage, fires, theft, vandalism or other occurrences.
· Medical payments (MedPay) coverage may help pay for medical expenses for injuries sustained in an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
· Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance may help cover damages if someone who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage caused an accident that resulted in bodily injuries or property damage to you.
Additional types of insurance might be available, and we can help you determine suitable insurance for your auto coverage needs.
How Do Auto Insurance Claims Work?
The claims process varies by insurer. For example, if your vehicle sustains damage, repairs might be costly. With auto insurance, you file a claim with your insurer for your damages. Your insurer might send an assessor to evaluate the damage and negotiate costs with a repair shop. You usually must pay your policy’s deductible before your insurance covers the remaining costs. They might send a check directly to you or pay the repair shop directly. We can discuss how your specific policy might work.
How Much Auto Insurance Do I Need?
Georgia requires drivers to carry minimum amounts of liability coverage. We can help ensure you have the appropriate insurance to meet the state’s requirements and the coverage you want for appropriate protection.
Protection You Need
Strawn & Co., Insurance can help with an auto insurance policy that gives you the protection you need and meets Georgia’s liability insurance requirements. We have McDonough, Locust Grove, Peachtree, Zebulon and Warner Robins, Georgia offices. Call us at 770-957-9005 to get started on your coverage.